Barb Read CPHR, SHRM-SCP, RPR Senior Consultant
Barb Read is a Chartered Professional of Human Resources (CPHR) and a Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) with a generalist background that spans all functional areas of the human resources practice. She has a depth of experience in HR management including talent management, policy and procedure development, compensation, performance management, workplace investigations, and employee relations.
Barb has diverse experience across all industries, and has extensive experience working with clients in the healthcare industry, as well as not-for-profit organizations and regulated associations.
Barb is a performance-driven professional with 15 years of combined experience in Human Resources management. She is a creative thinker, problem solver and decision maker who effectively assesses and balances her client’s organizational requirements. Barb prides herself on being objective, transparent, ethical and authentic.
Barb is passionate about her community as she serves as a Director with Alberta AdaptAbilities, volunteers with McDougall House as a member on their HR Committee, involved with Disrupt HR Edmonton, and is actively involved with minor hockey, most recently being the team’s parent liaison.
- Association of Professional Recruiters of Canada
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources
- Society for Human Resources Management
- Licensed Investigator
- Human Resources Management
- HR Strategy & Workforce Planning
- Performance Management
- Employee Engagement
- Talent Acquisition & Development
- Policy Development & Compliance
- Training & Development
- Culture & Team building
- Grant MacEwan University - Human Resources Management Certificate
- Bernardi Human Resource Law LLP-Workplace Investigations Program Certificate of Completion
- Institute of Professional Management-The Professional Recruiter Accreditation Program
- InterVeritas International Ltd.-Linguistic Lie Detection Certificate of Completion
- The Canadian Payroll Association-Payroll Compliance Legislation +Payroll Fundamentals 1
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology-Office Administrative Honors Diploma